Graduate Admissions Process:
- MPH and/or PhD applicants must apply via the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS)
- Upon acceptance from SOPHAS, MPH and/or PhD applicants must submit a WVU Graduate Application
- Applicants to the MS or other certificate programs only need to submit a WVU Graduate Application
For the SOPHAS Application You Must Submit:
- A statement of purpose and objectives
- Official GRE test scores, use WVU School of Public Health SOPHAS GRE code: 0157
- Three letters of reference
- A current resume/curriculum vitae
- All university transcripts (SOPHAS requires original transcripts from ALL U.S. institutions attended, even study abroad)
- WVU requires international students to submit TOEFL scores
- Applicants must indicate their first choice of MPH major, and may also indicate one alternative.
- Submit as soon as possible. Do not wait for SOPHAS to receive transcripts, recommendations or test scores.
- Allow up to 4 weeks for SOPHAS to verify grades and process your application.
- Applications that are complete will be reviewed by the department. Students will receive correspondence from the WVU School of Public Health regarding their acceptance and instructions to complete the WVU Graduate application.
- PhD only: The deadline to submit your completed SOPHAS application is 5:00 pm (EST) December 31.
For the WVU Graduate Application:
MPH and/or PhD Applicant
All application information submitted to SOPHAS will be transferred directly to WVU Admissions. Upon acceptance from SOPHAS, you only need to submit a WVU Graduate Application and pay the WVU application fee.
MS and/or Certificate Program Applicants
• Please refer to the Admissions Guidelines for each program in the Graduate Catalog to ensure you submit a completed application
• For programs requiring official GRE scores, use WVU School of Public Health college code: 5904. Please note: the GRE code for the SOPHAS application is different!
• WVU requires international students to submit TOEFL scores
Please Note: There are both SOPHAS and WVU application fees.