Dean's Scholarship Opportunities
The School of Public Health offers a limited number of scholarship opportunities.
- A student must be a US Citizen or Permanent US Resident.
- A student must be admitted competitively (definition of merit) based on the discipline specific criteria as stated by the individual department of admittance.
- Biostatistics: GRE scores of 150 (verbal), 155 (quantitative) minimum.
- Epidemiology: GRE scores of 150 (verbal), 150 (quantitative) minimum.
- Health Policy, Management & Leadership: GRE scores of 150 (verbal), 144 (quantitative) minimum.
- Occupational and Environmental Health Sciences: GRE scores of 150 (verbal), 147 (quantitative) minimum.
- Social & Behavioral Sciences: GRE scores of 146 (verbal), 144 (quantitative) minimum.
- MS School Health: GRE not required
All students receiving a Dean's Scholarship must
- Have completed a FAFSA, showing a demonstrated financial need.
- Be enrolled full time (9 hours; or 6 hours for MS SHE students) and remain enrolled full time.
- Remain in good academic standing and maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and have a GPA of 3.0 in their respective courses of study.
Each scholarship recipient must maintain the program requirements, or lose the remainder of the award.
Please fill out the SPH Scholarship Application form. Awards will be made for Fall semester and will be announced on a rolling basis. After submitting the form, please send a copy of the email confirmation to your department chair.
To be considered for an SPH scholarship, students must also file a FAFSA form by March 1 of the preceding academic year. Please see the WVU Financial Aid website for more information.