The Women in Science & Health Awards are sponsored by the Women in Science & Health (WISH) Committee to recognize outstanding achievements by women while at the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center (HSC) of West Virginia University. Appropriate nominees should be characterized by a demonstration of commitment to diversity, education, scholarship/mentorship, service to WV, leadership, research, and HSC mission. Women who are currently employed or are retired members of the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center are eligible for nomination. Recommendations from trainees or students from all HSC schools are encouraged.
The 2017 awards include an Advanced Career Award and a Mid-Career Award.
The Nomination Package should include (electronic submission only):
• One (1) nomination letter, setting forth in detail the contribution(s) to the field (s) that represent(s) the nominee’s outstanding achievements as documented by demonstration of any of the following:
- Diversity (i.e.: research or service activities focused on underserved populations)
- Education (teaching)
- Scholarship/Mentorship (i.e. training post baccalaureate students, fostering community engagement)
- Service to West Virginia (i.e. patient care, community health promotion and disease prevention efforts, educational outreach, resource networking and dissemination)
- Commitment to Research
- Commitment to WVU Health Sciences Center mission
• Full curriculum vitae or resume and job description.
• Additional support limited to one letter only.
Nomination packets should be submitted electronically only to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10, 2017, by 4:00 pm EST.
Questions can be directed to Christina Wilson or Anne Cronin, Co-Chairs of the Women In Science & Health Award sub-Committee, at 304-293-5323 or by e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about WISH and to review the criteria please visit the WISH webpage at: http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/Faculty-Development/Women-In-Science-And-Health/WISH-Award
The awards will be issued on Wednesday, April 12, 2017, at 4:00 pm during the Vice President, HSC ceremony.