Sponsored by the Women in Science and Health (WISH) Committee, the Women in Science and Health Awards recognize outstanding achievements made by women working at West Virginia University Health Sciences.
Nominees should demonstrate commitment to diversity, education, scholarship and mentorship, service to West Virginia, leadership, research and the Health Sciences mission. Women who are currently employed at or retired from Health Sciences are eligible for nomination. Recommendations from trainees or students from all Health Sciences schools are encouraged.
The 2018 awards include:
- Advanced Career Award
- Mid-Career Award
The nomination packet should include (electronic submission only):
- One nomination letter, detailing contributions to the field(s) that represent the nominee’s outstanding achievements and demonstrate the following:
- Diversity (i.e. research r service activities focused on underserved populations)
- Educatin (teaching)
- Schlarship/Mentorship (i.e. training post baccalaureate students, fostering community engagement)
- Service t West Virginia (i.e. patient care, community health promotion and disease prevention efforts, educational outreach, resource networking and dissemination
- Cmmitment to research
- Cmmitment to the WVU Health Sciences mission
- Full curriculum vitae or resume and job description
- Additional support limited to one letter only
Nomination packets should be submitted to Patricia Hussing at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. on February 28, 2018.
For more information about the awards, contact Amanda Acord-Vira, chair of the WISH sub-committee at 304-2930-6388 or email@example.com. More information about the nominations can be found on the WISH website.