- B.S. Food & Nutrition, Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology
- M.S. Food & Nutrition, Banaras Hindu University
- Ph.D. Urban Health Services, Old Dominion University
- Metabolic syndrome.
- Cardiovascular disease (as a macro vascular complication of diabetes).
- Epidemiological studies to examine prevalence and risk factors of diabetes.
- Intervention studies on prevention and management of diabetes (in the community and clinic-based)
- Minority health and health disparities.
- Health literacy.
- Cross-cultural investigations to examine the Diaspora of changes in behavioral, environmental, health care, psychosocial factors that influence behaviors and health/disease outcome as individual migrate from rural/urban areas of developing countries (such as India and Mexico) to developed countries (such as the US).
- Effective client/community services using evidence-based practice.