Our program has been designed for currently certified teachers interested in completing graduate study in school health. To be considered for admission, all applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a preferred GPA of 3.0
A current teaching certificate if applicable
Three letters of recommendation that suggest a high probability of successful graduate study. These letters of recommendation can be from either professional or academic sources (ex: from mentors, principals, professors, etc.)
Students interested in applying for the MS in School Health Education must:
- Complete and submit the online WVU graduate application and pay the University’s processing fee. You can find this application at: https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogi/ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=wvugrad
Include the following with your application:
- A copy of your current teaching certificate(s) if applicable
- A one-page statement of purpose describing your interest in the program and goals for the future
- Three letters of recommendation
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- Request that each institution of higher education you have previously attended submit official transcripts.
Official transcripts must be sent directly from each school’s registrar to:
Office of Graduate Admissions and Recruitment
PO Box 6510
Morgantown, WV 26506-6510
The MS in School Health Education has a rolling admissions process. Applications are accepted for fall, spring, and summer semesters. However, it is recommended that you submit your application materials a minimum of 4 weeks before the start of the semester you would like to begin. A good guideline for these deadlines is July 15th for fall admissions, December 15th for spring admissions, and April 15th for summer admissions. Although we will do our best to accommodate late applications, we cannot always ensure our ability to do so.
Need More Information?
Please contact Dr. Toni Morris at email@example.com or 304-293-3775.