December 2017 Ceremony Information
School of Public Health Graduate Acknowledgment Reception
Friday, December 15, 2017
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Erickson Alumni Center, Kennedy Club Room, 2nd floor
Parking available at the Erickson Alumni Center.
All graduating SPH students, family members, SPH faculty and staff are invited to attend.
- Graduate students, faculty and staff should RSVP to Leah Adkins (email@example.com).
- Undergraduate students should RSVP to Chasity Mayhew (Chasity.Mayhew@hsc.wvu.edu).
WVU December Graduation Ceremony
Friday, December 15, 2017
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM (School of Public Health will participate in the 2:00 PM ceremony)
Parking available at WVU Coliseum and WVU Creative Arts Center.
There is no limit to the number of guests you bring and tickets are not needed.
For more information, go to the WVU December Commencement website.
December 2017 Graduation Application
Public Health MPH, MS and PhD candidates who anticipate graduating in December 2017 should contact Leah Adkins immediately to set up an appointment to review your academic record and plan of study. Please refer to the following memo for application links, thesis and doctoral deadlines, and additional information about commencement.
Fall/December 2017 Graduation Application:
- Available – Tuesday, August 22
- Deadline – Friday, October 6
- Register online: http://registrar.wvu.edu/degree-certification-diplomas/graduation
- Students must apply during the term they intend to graduate.
Graduate students planning to graduate in Fall/December 2017 must submit the online graduation application by Friday, October 6.
The doctoral student is asked to select his/her committee members from a dropdown box. Note: If a committee member is not listed, the student should just choose any name (does not matter who) from the list. The application will be changed to reflect the correct committee when the application is approved by this office. (For added assurance, please notify our office of any corrections that need made to the list of your committee members.)
Students who wish to pick up their diploma need to enter the Registrar’s address on the application.
Office of the University Registrar
PO Box 6878
Morgantown, WV 26506
Diplomas will be mailed in the weeks following the degree conferral (Friday, December 15th - official December degree conferral date). For those students who have no financial holds on their accounts, they will receive an email notification to their MIX/portal account when their diploma has shipped. Tracking numbers will not be available. If a diploma is being mailed to an address outside of the United States, it may take an additional 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- ETD (Electronic Thesis and Dissertation) Fall Submission Deadline: 5pm, Friday, December 1st, 2017
- ETD website: https://etd.lib.wvu.edu/
- ETD info packet: https://etd.lib.wvu.edu/files/submission_information_packet.pdf (copy & paste web link)
- Shuttle Sheet Request Form Deadline:
- 2-3 weeks before a dissertation/thesis defense
- For non-thesis MS students please submit as soon as possible
- Shuttle Sheet Request form & guidelines: http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/resoff/graduate-education/policies-and-forms/forms/
- IMPORTANT Note for Previous Graduation Applicants:
- Students who have applied for previous graduation cycles (e.g. August 2017, May 2017, etc.) must reapply and resubmit the online graduation application for December 2017. Previous graduation applications are no longer valid!
- December Commencement Exercises:
- Those who choose to participate in commencement exercises on Friday, December 15th, 2017 must register to walk.
- Registration to walk will be made available online at the university’s “December Commencement” website: http://graduation.wvu.edu/december-commencement
- The registration deadline to walk in December Commencement is December 6th.
- PhD recipients may elect to walk in the May Investiture and Graduation Ceremony. Please inform this office if you choose this option.
Graduation Checklists: Please refer to the checklist for graduation requirements:
Details coming soon.
Regalia Orders and Assistance
Health Science Center Bookstore
PLEASE REMEMBER WHEN ORDERING YOUR REGALIA:
- MS Biostatistics: green hood
- MPH Public Health: salmon hood
- MS School Health: light blue hood
- Ph.D.: blue hood
If you have questions about the successful completion of your academic requirements for graduation, or if you have concerns regarding your eligibility to walk in commencement exercises, please contact the School of Public Health immediately. We would be happy to review your transcripts with you to make sure you have completed all requirements toward graduation.