May 2018 Commencement Information
Applying for Graduation
Spring/May 2018 Graduation Application:
- Available – Tuesday, January 16
- Deadline – Friday, March 2
- Complete the application online: http://registrar.wvu.edu/degree-certification-diplomas/graduation
- Students must apply during the term they intend to graduate.
Doctoral students are asked to select his/her committee members from a dropdown box. Note: If a committee member is not listed, the student should choose any name (does not matter who) from the list. The application will be changed administratively to reflect the correct committee when the application is approved by this office. (For added assurance, please notify our office of any corrections that need made to the list of your committee members.)
Certificate-seeking students must apply online as well.
Previous graduation applicants (students who have applied for previous graduation cycles, such as August 2017, December 2017, etc.) must reapply and resubmit the online graduation application for May 2018. Previous graduation applications are no longer valid.
Additional Steps for Graduate Students
ETD (Electronic Thesis and Dissertation) Spring Submission
- Deadline: 5pm, Friday, April 27th, 2018
- ETD website: https://etd.lib.wvu.edu/
- ETD info packet: https://etd.lib.wvu.edu/files/submission_information_packet.pdf (copy & paste web link)
- Students are required to successfully defend their thesis or dissertation before submitting to the university library.
Shuttle Sheet Request Form Deadline
- 2-3 weeks before a dissertation/thesis defense
- For non-thesis MS students please submit as soon as possible
- Shuttle Sheet Request form & guidelines: http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/resoff/graduate-education/policies-and-forms/forms/
If you have questions about the successful completion of your academic requirements for graduation, or if you have concerns regarding your eligibility to walk in commencement exercises, please contact your School of Public Health academic advisor immediately. We would be happy to review your transcripts with you to make sure you have completed all requirements toward graduation.
The School of Public Health May 2018 Commencement ceremony will be:
Friday, May 11, 2018
Okey Patteson Auditorium
Additional instructions regarding the ceremony:
- Those who choose to participate in May commencement exercises (May 11-13) must register to walk.
- Registration to participate in Commencement exercises is separate from the graduation application.
- Student should monitor their MIX email account and HSC websites for registration information and instructions.
- Students who have successfully defended but are still awaiting ETD submission and/or acceptance are still eligible to walk.
- May Commencement exercises are also open to students with August 2017 and December 2017 degree conferral dates.
How do I register to walk in the ceremony?
Great question! The School of Public Health Office of Student Services will reach out via email to all students who apply for graduation shortly after the application closes. Instructions on how to register for the ceremony will be provided in that email.
Regalia Orders and Assistance
Health Science Center Bookstore
Please remember when ordering your regalia:
- BS Public Health: salmon tassel
- MS Biostatistics: golden yellow hood
- MPH Public Health: salmon hood
- MS School Health: light blue hood
- PhD: blue hood
Getting Your Diploma
Diplomas will be mailed in the weeks following the degree conferral (Sunday, May 13 - official May degree conferral date). For those students who have no financial holds on their accounts, they will receive an email notification to their MIX/portal account when their diploma has shipped. Tracking numbers will not be available. If a diploma is being mailed to an address outside of the United States, it may take an additional 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Students who wish to pick up their diploma need to enter the Registrar’s address on the graduation application:
Office of the University Registrar
PO Box 6878
Morgantown, WV 26506
December 2018 Graduation Information
Details will be provided at a later date.