Tuition & Fees
To help reduce overall cost, MS in School Health program allows all students, regardless of West Virginia residency, to pay in-state tuition rates. Students should refer to the Tuition and Fees list provided by the WVU Office of Student Accounts for current information.
In addition to the standard WVU tuition and fees, the program requires one additional required fee and two other recommended (but completely voluntary) expenses.
- All students are required to purchase a LiveText membership. Your LiveText membership allows us to track your progress toward achieving the competencies required in the program and to ensure your successful progress toward program completion. Please purchase the standard LiveText membership. This is a one-time expense that will cover your efforts regardless of how long you choose to take to complete the program. You can purchase your membership online.
- Further, students are strongly encouraged to consider the following voluntary actions:
- Students are strongly encouraged to join the American School Health Association (ASHA). This professional organization is dedicated to supporting school health professionals as they promote health in the school setting. Membership provides a wide array of benefits to school health professionals, and ASHA members have a long history of supporting successful school health practice. Student memberships are reasonably priced and can be obtained at the ASHA website.
- Students are also encouraged to join the American Public Health Association (APHA), particularly the section devoted to school health. This organization is the longest-standing and largest professional organization devoted to public health practice, and it has a long history of supporting school health as a core public health strategy. Student memberships are reasonably priced and can be obtained at the APHA website.
- Finally, each year we encourage our students to attend the American School Health Association’s national conference. This conference represents the school health profession’s premier professional development, training, and networking event. We encourage students to attend either as participants or as presenters. Students interested in presenting their work at this conference can develop proposals with the assistance of our faculty. All students are encouraged to attend, meet their fellow online classmates and professors, and benefit from participating in this professional development experience together.