August 2018 Graduate Information
Summer/August 2018 Graduation Application
- Available – Tuesday, May 22
- Deadline – Friday, July 6
- Complete the application online: http://registrar.wvu.edu/degree-certification-diplomas/graduation
- Students must apply during the term they intend to graduate
Doctoral students are asked to select his/her committee members from a dropdown box. Note: If a committee member is not listed, the student should choose any name (does not matter who) from the list. The application will be changed administratively to reflect the correct committee when the application is approved by this office. (For added assurance, please notify our office of any corrections that need made to the list of your committee members.)
Certificate-seeking students must apply online as well.
Previous graduation applicants (students who have applied for previous graduation cycles, such as December 2017 or May 2018) must reapply and resubmit the online graduation application for August 2018. Previous graduation applications are no longer valid.
Additional Steps for Graduate Students
ETD (Electronic Thesis and Dissertation) Summer Submission
- Deadline: 5pm, Friday, July 27, 2018
- ETD website: https://etd.lib.wvu.edu/
- ETD info packet: https://etd.lib.wvu.edu/files/submission_information_packet.pdf (copy & paste web link)
- Students are required to successfully defend their thesis or dissertation before submitting to the university library!
- NOTE: If your degree program requires submission of an Electronic Thesis or Dissertation, you must submit by the deadline above to be approved for August 2018 graduation/degree conferral. Students who submit after the deadline will be deleted from the August 2018 graduation list and must reapply for December 2018 graduation.
Shuttle Sheet Request Form Deadline
- 2-3 weeks before a dissertation/thesis defense
- For non-thesis MS students, please submit as soon as possible
- Shuttle Sheet Request form & guidelines: http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/resoff/graduate-education/policies-and-forms/forms/
If you have questions about the successful completion of your academic requirements for graduation, or if you have concerns regarding your eligibility to walk in commencement exercises, please contact your School of Public Health academic advisor immediately. We would be happy to review your transcripts with you to make sure you have completed all requirements toward graduation.
August grads can elect to walk in December 2018 (university-wide ceremony) or May 2019 (college-specific ceremonies)
- Participation in commencement ceremonies requires a separate registration
- Information will be sent via email and will be available on university and HSC websites
Regalia Orders and Assistance
Health Science Center Bookstore
Please remember when ordering your regalia:
- BS Public Health: salmon tassel
- MS Biostatistics: golden yellow hood
- MPH Public Health: salmon hood
- MS School Health: light blue hood
- PhD: blue hood
Getting Your Diploma
Diplomas will be mailed in the weeks following degree conferral (August 10th - official August conferral date). Students who have no financial holds on their accounts will receive email notification to their MIX account when their diploma has shipped. Tracking numbers will not be available. If a diploma is being mailed to an address outside of the United States, it may take an additional 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Students who wish to pick up their diploma need to enter the Registrar’s address on the graduation application:
Office of the University Registrar
PO Box 6878
Morgantown, WV 26506