Mission & Values
Improve the quality of life for West Virginians and all who call Appalachia home.
Healthy people in thriving communities.
The School of Public Health is guided by the following values:
- Community Engagement: we are proud of the communities we serve, and recognize the importance of bidirectional participatory activities.
- Collaboration: we collaborate with partners who join us in improving the public’s health.
- Equity: we promote equity and social justice in defining health and eliminating health disparities.
- Integrity: we adhere to the highest ethical standards of honesty and fairness and we recognize that integrity and ethical behavior are essential elements of our professions.
- Respect: we respect diverse points of view and the cultural heritage and traditions of all people.
- Accountability: we hold ourselves accountable to one another, and to the many stakeholders who support the School of Public Health.