May 2019 Commencement
Applying for Graduation
Spring/May 2019 Graduation Application:
- Available – Tuesday, January 15
- Deadline – Friday, March 1
- Register online: http://registrar.wvu.edu/degree-certification-diplomas/graduation
- Students must apply during the term they intend to graduate.
Doctoral students are asked to select his/her committee members from a dropdown box. Note: If a committee member is not listed, the student should choose any name (does not matter who) from the list. The application will be changed administratively to reflect the correct committee when the application is approved by this office. (For added assurance, please notify Joe Andria of any corrections that need made to the list of your committee members: email@example.com).
Certificate-seeking students must apply online as well.
Previous graduation applicants who have applied for previous graduation cycles (e.g. August 2018, December 2018, etc.) must reapply and resubmit the online graduation application for December 2018. Previous graduation applications are no longer valid!
Additional Steps for Graduate Students
ETD (Electronic Thesis and Dissertation) Summer Submission
- Deadline: 5pm, Friday, April 26, 2019
- ETD website: https://etd.lib.wvu.edu/
- ETD info packet: https://etd.lib.wvu.edu/files/submission_information_packet.pdf
- Students are required to successfully defend their thesis or dissertation before submitting to the university library.
- If your degree program requires submission of an Electronic Thesis or Dissertation, you must submit by the deadline above to be approved for May 2019 graduation/degree conferral. Students who submit after the deadline will be deleted from the May 2019 graduation list and must reapply for August 2019 graduation.
Shuttle Sheet Request Form Deadline
- 2-3 weeks before a dissertation/thesis defense
- For non-thesis MS students, please submit as soon as possible
- Shuttle Sheet Request form & guidelines: http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/resoff/graduate-education/policies-and-forms/forms/
If you have questions about the successful completion of your academic requirements for graduation, or if you have concerns regarding your eligibility to walk in commencement exercises, please contact your School of Public Health academic advisor immediately. We would be happy to review your transcripts with you to make sure you have completed all requirements toward graduation.
The School of Public Health May 2019 Commencement ceremony will be:
Friday, May 10, 2019
WVU Creative Arts Center
Additional information regarding the ceremony:
- Graduates are required to wear caps and gowns.
- Tickets are NOT required and there are no restrictions on the number of guests a graduate may bring. The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- WVU has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 72 hours of the ceremony.
- Those who choose to participate in May commencement exercises (May 10-12) must register to walk.
- Registration to participate in Commencement exercises is separate from the graduation application.
- Student should monitor their MIX email account and HSC websites for registration information and instructions.
- Students who have successfully defended but are still awaiting ETD submission and/or acceptance are still eligible to walk.
How do I register to walk in the ceremony?
Great question! The School of Public Health Office of Student Services will reach out via email to all students who apply for graduation shortly after the application closes. Instructions on how to register for the ceremony will be provided in that email.
Regalia Orders and Assistance
Health Science Center Bookstore
Please remember when ordering your regalia:
- BS Public Health: salmon tassel
- MS Biostatistics: golden yellow hood
- MPH Public Health: salmon hood
- MS School Health: light blue hood
- PhD: blue hood
Getting Your Diploma
Diplomas will be mailed in the weeks following degree conferral (May 12 - official May degree conferral date). Students who have no financial holds on their accounts will receive email notification to their MIX account when their diploma has shipped. Tracking numbers will not be available. Shipping times may vary. Diplomas being shipped within the United States typically takes around 7-10 business days. Those being shipped internationally can take an additional 6-8 weeks due to the customs process of some countries.
Students who wish to pick up their diploma need to enter the Registrar’s address on the graduation application:
Office of the University Registrar
PO Box 6878
Morgantown, WV 26506
If you have additional questions about December Commencement, please consult your academic advisor and the WVU graduation website.
August and December 2019 Graduation Information
Details will be provided at a later date.