Students and faculty were honored during the recent WVU School of Public Health’s Graduate Awards Luncheon and Delta Omega Induction Ceremony on Friday, April 26, at the Erickson Alumni Center.
The following students were recognized with academic awards:
- Katie Cranmer, Promising Public Health Practitioner Award
- Kyle Strother, Ruth E. Kershner Community Service Award
- Bailey Johnson, Outstanding Bachelor of Science in Public Health Student Award
- Brittany Smith, Delta Omega Van Liere Poster Competition Undergraduate Level Winner
- Jessica Tan, Junior Public Health Practitioner Award
- Jasmine Johnson, Junior Public Health Investigator Award
- Sara Warfield, Epidemiology Departmental Award
- Marco Schaaf, Health Policy, Management & Leadership Departmental Award
- Jeffrey Pesarsick, Occupational & Environmental Health Sciences Departmental Award
- Angela Dyer, Social & Behavioral Sciences Departmental Award
Director of Public Health Practice & Service Learning Audra Hamrick presented the Outstanding Community Partner Award to Girls on the Run of North Central West Virginia for their ongoing dedication to providing students with excellent hands-on learning opportunities.
In a new joint effort between the Student Association of Public Health (SAPH) and the School’s Office of Academic, Student and Faculty Affairs, two new awards were established this year to recognize outstanding faculty members. The awards recognize excellence and creativity inside the classroom and honor outstanding School of Public Health professors who have made a lasting impact on students via their teaching and interaction with students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Recipients are selected by the student body.
The inaugural Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award was presented to Assistant Professor Elizabeth Claydon.
The inaugural Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award was presented to Professor George Kelley.
In addition to student and faculty awards, new members were inducted into the Gamma Mu Chapter of the Delta Omega Honorary Society. Inductees included:
- Michaela Stull, undergraduate student
- Jessica Tan, undergraduate student
- Lauren Ferrell, graduate student
- Marco Schaaf, graduate student
- Kyle Strother, graduate student
- Meghan Tuscano, graduate student
- Mindy Sharon, MPH alumna
- WVU ICRC Director and Associate Professor Robert Bossarte, honorary inductee
Check out the photos from the event on the School's SmugMug page!