All applications are accepted thru ERAS. Apply to Program #3805577094 for Occupational Medicine and Program #3805588095 for General Preventive Medicine. Only completed applications will be considered.
A completed ERAS application includes:
- Three letters of reference--qualified to comment on past performance
- Personal Statement of Interest
- Passing USMLE Step 1,2, 3 scores
- Dean's letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Official copy of academic transcripts
- Copy of Medical Degree
- Copy of current ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Documentation of clinical competency
- a letter from a Program Director verifying successful completion of an internship or residency, regardless of specialty, that documents at least 11 months of direct clinical care, either by so stating in a letter or by attaching a list or schedule of successfully completed rotations
Accepted applicants without a previous MPH degree will need to complete a separate application to the Master of Public Health (MPH) program and will be discussed closer to the time of admission.
Applicants must be:
- Graduates of an LCME accredited medical school
- International Medical Graduates (IMG) with a current ECFMG certification
- MUST be a US citizen or permanent resident
We do NOT offer the clinical year, hence all applicants must have completed at least one clinical year in an ACGME-accredited residency training program.
A personal interview is required, which will give the applicant an opportunity to meet the faculty/staff in the department as well as view the Morgantown area.
Interviews are by invitation only. Once the application is completed, the candidate will be invited by phone or e-mail to schedule an interview date.
Preference is given to civilian candidates who are likely to remain in the Appalachian region or other underserved rural areas.