All applications are accepted thru ERAS. Apply to Program #3805577094 for Occupational Medicine and Program #3805588095 for General Preventive Medicine. Only completed applications will be considered.
A completed ERAS application includes:
- Three letters of reference--qualified to comment on past performance
- Personal Statement of Interest
- Passing USMLE Step 1,2, 3 scores
- Dean's letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Official copy of academic transcripts
- Copy of Medical Degree
- Copy of current ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Documentation of clinical competency
- a letter from a Program Director verifying successful completion of an internship or residency, regardless of specialty, that documents at least 11 months of direct clinical care, either by so stating in a letter or by attaching a list or schedule of successfully completed rotations
Accepted applicants without a previous MPH degree will need to complete a separate application to the Master of Public Health (MPH) program and will be discussed closer to the time of admission.
Applicants must be:
- Graduates of an LCME accredited medical school
- International Medical Graduates (IMG) with a current ECFMG certification
- MUST be a US citizen or permanent resident
We do NOT offer the clinical year, hence all applicants must have completed at least one clinical year in an ACGME-accredited residency training program.
A personal interview is required, which will give the applicant an opportunity to meet the faculty/staff in the department. Please note that all interviews are currently being conducted via Zoom.
Interviews are by invitation only. Once the application is completed, the candidate will be invited by phone or e-mail to schedule an interview date.
Preference is given to civilian candidates who are likely to remain in the Appalachian region or other underserved rural areas.